I managed to get Olimar up and running on the wireless network.
No effort whatsoever involved in this feat.
Sadly both my windows machine and the tivo do not want to recognise the wireless network anymore all I added was a dhcp server to allocate IP’s rather than assigning static IP’s and now neither of the boxes seem to respond properly.
Olimar on the other hand was more than up to the challenge.
I think the tivo may have to go back to a static IP for the time being. I will spend one more day trying to get the tivo reconnected to the wireless network (I am not overly concerned about the windows box as it is dying a slow gruesome death and the wireless drivers are shitty as all hell)
I grow more and more fond of Olimar by the day.