Heres a pic of Rhiannon, Alezeia and I at Pauls art show 🙂
Two posts in one day I hear you scream! Why yes. In my new attempt to keep the site up and running I thought I would let you in on what has been going on in my life as of late.
I finally entered the housing market a year ago as of last month, it took quite some time but the end result has been pretty swell.
I have been to quite a few shows over the past year highlight of which would definitely be Editors
I have not seen alot of movies that I would classify as decent lately
I finally got onto facebook and I now consider it a full time job
More Updates to follow
Well its been another year. I have just got back from a good night out with Manny. We went to what was once the usual place to be for us, Dolce in Milton and we remembered.
Its sad to think that this blog has pretty much turned into what I always hoped it wouldn’t. What I once thought was a great idea has sadly lost its way over the last year or so. For various reasons I just have not felt like I should update at all. When I look at it I am only reminded of what we once had.
I still remember being excited about registering the domain with John and finally having a space online where I can put everything that I get asked for all the time (we were geeks through and through). We had such a common interests that at times it was scary. When we would always argue or discuss various things, we could go on explaining things and filling in each others gaps in their knowledge of a particular subject for hours (and if we didn’t know we found out). The rants and raves were always flying around. I miss that the most.
I think it is time that this gets updated and as of today I have made a promise to myself that it will. It shouldn’t be a place where it gets updated simply to remember the passing of a great friend.
I managed to score myself a sweet shirt from the online store only to find out that I won the competition I entered a few days previously.
So I wound up getting the two available designs for the cost of one (Absolutely awesome, thanks to Dan Illic on the show for the free shirt!)
I have also made it on the official site in the High Five A Muslim Gallery with the alot of familiar looking DBS staff and of course Spanky made an appearance as well…oooh that monkey gets about alright 🙂
So now its time to start with the regular updates.
The number one thing I’ve been asked is “So, what have you been up to lately?”
I thought I would rip out a chunk of my calendar (good old iCal saves the day) and here it is!
- The Hotel (6 August 2005) – I was very disappointed by this movie unfortunately. I was expecting so much more but got nothing.
- The Bravery (13 August 2005) – What better way to celebrate my birthday than checking out the band responsible for one of my fave albums of the year with my little sis.
- Carmels Wedding (20 August 2005) – Fantastic, the celebration of the coming together of two beautiful people.
- Tamblane (3 September 2005) – Not too bad, not too bad at all. First time at The Rev and a good show to experience it with.
- Fantomas (10 September 2005) – Third time I have seen them live and they were better than ever, one of the most solid bands I have ever seen perform.
- Hot Hot Heat (16 September 2005) – Great show, Great Company.
- Company Boat Trip (23 September 2005) – Its always great when the company comes together for a social event, went on to the wee hours of the night.
- Maximo Park (29 September 2005) – Couldn’t wait to see these boys from NewCastle and I’m glad I got in early and got tickets! Louder and faster live than they are on the albums.
- Men Who Stare At Goats (1 October 2005) – A discussion/talk back with Jon Ronson and John Safran, the two of them were scarily alike in their backgrounds, looks and mannerisms.
- Howls Moving Castle (2 October 2005) – Very different to what I was expecting but I still enjoyed it alot.
So as you can see its been busy busy busy!!!
A few things left to go and I am seriously considering going to the Big Day Out next year (very good line up heading our way)
Well thats that for now, until next time…toodles.
You will always be remembered.
Right its 5:30AM I’ve been up for about an hour now.
I’d say its a mixture of jetlag and lack of wanting to sleep for various reasons.
Sydney was awesome. I clocked off work after lunch and ran home to pack my bags and get everything ready for the flight down (yes I left everything to the last few hours as usual)
Zena, Mona, Nadia and I all managed to get to the flight on time and in typical fashion I was the only person to get stopped for a “random” bag inspection for explosives.
—–^ Best T-Shirt Slogan Evar!!!!!
Saw that one on my treks through Camden Markets in London.
Yes I am back in Abu Dhabi, its hot, its dusty and I am full of food.
The room is pretty much unpacked and I have separated the stuff I want from the stuff I no longer want. Slowly but surely I will start receiving these pieces of my youth though my and family members bags as the years go by.
Its been pretty good going though my stuff. I laughed, I cried, I wondered why I kept alot of it and I regret getting rid of alot of it but there is just not enough room back in the house in Brisbane.
I got alot of pictures from London which I will be uploading in the next few days.
The trip was great I had heaps of fun and bought lots of goodies. Sadly my package from Amazon didn’t get to me on time so it will be sent through to Australia by my Uncle when it finally gets there (hopefully shortly after I get back)
Me and Spanky parted ways in London, he is now off to our hosts in the US where he will meet up with Billy and go around with him on his travels and then off to the Tokyo Expo.
It was sad to see him go since he was my travel buddy throughout the trek. Introducing him to all my friends and family was an experience I shall always cherish. Its just not the same without his eyes watching over me while I sleep.
Right enough of all this sentimental stuff its time to head off to bed, nite all.
WOOOO internet. The Morgan family have kindly invited me to hang about with them this weekend so its time for some well deserved R&R.
I am alive and well and having a blast in nodnoL.
I should be making my way up to Hull then Middlesbrough by early next week (which should be fun)
Me == ultra peeved.
At least I have finally found and successfully drank about 4-5 cans of Tizer which I have discovered is simply red coloring with fizzy water that stains (seriously thats all it says on the can). I relive my childhood with every sip of that tooth rotting drink it really is that good.
Ta Ta for now